Kennebec Valley Community Action Program / KVCAP
KVCAP assists people in Kennebec, Somerset, Lincoln, and Sagadahoc counties. We are a private, nonprofit organization, with an annual budget of 22.8 million and 280 employees. KVCAP is headquartered in Waterville, with offices in Augusta, Skowhegan, Wiscasset, and several outreach locations.
Mission KVCAP's mission is to strengthen individuals, families and communities by providing direct services and by partnering with others to create sustainable solutions to poverty in an ever-changing environment.
Our vision for the Kennebec Valley Region is thriving communities made up of individuals and families who are healthy, financially secure and able to reach their fullest potential.
As the only Community Action Agency in Central Maine, we have been the leader in addressing local poverty-related issues for 52 years, helping more than 800,000 people improve their social and financial stability. We provide:
A community safety net
- Home energy audits, weatherization, furnace repair, and other home repair services
- Fuel Assistance (Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program – LIHEAP) and Emergency Fuel Assistance
- Affordable housing options
- Home foreclosure prevention
- Supports for the elderly
- An enriching place for local teens (South End Teen Center)
Early childhood education and parent support
- Early/HeadStart and full-day childcare
- Home visiting services for parents of children prenatally through kindergarten
- Parenting classes for children of all ages
- Prevention of child abuse and neglect
Solutions for transportation problems
- Kennebec & Somerset Explorer – Public Transit Bus
- Rides to medical appointments
- Improved access to employment, education, resources, shopping, and leisure activities
Skill building opportunities
- Employment services for teens and adults
- Financial education counseling
- Home ownership education and support
Supports that enhance overall health and wellness and strengthen communities
- Assistance obtaining health insurance through the new Marketplace
- Case management and referrals
- Education to policy makers about community needs and solutions
Opening hours and contact information Phone: 1-800-542-8227 or firstname.lastname@example.orgHours: Monday - Friday 7:30am - 4:30pm (Closed weekends/holidays)!
Some KVCAP programs have income restrictions that are required by our funding sources. To find out if you qualify for a specific program, please call 1-800-542-8227 or 207-859-1500 or visit company website.