Comments Off on Parks & Rec
15 февраля 2017
Parks & Rec
PARKS AND RECREATION DEPARTMENT
Dennis Dacus: Director
“To provide quality recreational opportunities for all Winslow residents and surrounding communities”
|The Winslow Parks and Recreation Department is dedicated to maintaining all of the town parks and recreation areas. In addition we maintain the Donald Carter Memorial Bridge, the Winslow/Waterville Bridge, the Public Library, the Town Office, four cul-de-sacs, the pump station, tennis courts, athletic fields, and school grounds. In all, we maintain 32 areas around the town.
The Department provides winter basketball, an 8-week summer program, fall soccer, and intramural activities at the Elementary School. All our programs are designed for youngsters to have fun and to learn. Competition is not that important; assurances that everyone participates and has fun is of utmost concern.
This Department also oversees the Senior Citizens Committee.
Core Values and Beliefs
· All individuals involved in any aspect of Parks and Recreation activities will be treated fairly and with respect.
· All Parks and Recreation activities will be safe, nurturing, fun, and worthwhile.
· Parks and Recreation representatives in leadership or support roles will ensure a professional, respected, and positive program or event will be completed.
· The Parks and Recreation Department is committed to maintain, develop, and expand opportunities for all of its community members.
· The Parks and Recreation Department will work cooperatively and closely with all community assets and entities in order to provide quality programs and activities.
· The Parks and Recreation Department will give any community member the right to express concerns, comments, or accolades in writing or in person with an open door policy.
Board of Parks & Recreation Members: Dr. Paul Dunbar Chairperson
USE OF PUBLIC PROPERTY THAT IS OWNED BY THE TOWN:
Sec. 7A-16 Permit Required.
It shall be unlawful for any organization, partnership, firm, persons, corporation, or other entity to use of make use of or organize any event or affair, whether any such event or affair is open to the general public or not, without first obtaining a permit therefore in compliance with the provisions of this article.
For the purposes of this article an “event or affair” is defined as a gathering or assembly of thirty (30) or more persons for any common purpose or purposes whatsoever and within the immediate vicinity of each other.
(Ord. No. 2-1984, 6-11-84)